Mustang Caster Camber Plates, 2015+
Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates provide the means to properly align your S550 Mustang's front tires. Especially well-suited for lowered Mustangs, MM's innovative design provides the ability to adjust the camber setting of your Mustang's front tires. In stock form, the 2015 Mustang has no provision for camber or caster adjustment.
2015+ Mustang, all models and engines.
- Provides the means to set the proper front alignment for your Mustang to have best performance and best tire wear.
- Lowered Mustangs can be aligned to factory specifications.
- Provides camber adjustment, which is otherwise not adjustable.
- Negative camber may be increased for competition.
- Provides caster adjustment, allowing correction of OEM production tolerances. Caster is otherwise not adjustable.
- Double-adjustable. Both camber and caster can be adjusted.
- Caster and camber are easily adjusted at the top of the strut tower.
- Spherical bearing mount eliminates deflection and precisely locates the strut shaft, while still allowing the articulation required for steering and suspension movement.
- Improves steering response and dynamic alignment stability by eliminating deflection allowed by the stock rubber-bushed upper strut mount.
- Bolts on. No drilling or cutting required.
- Adjustment for camber and caster.
- 1.75-degrees continuous range of camber adjustment.
- PTFE lined spherical bearing was designed by MM, and is custom manufactured in the USA. Spherical bearing allows proper articulation, unlike urethane-bushed camber plates.
- Retains stock strut dustcovers.
- Steel components are either zinc plated or powder coated for great looks and long lasting protection.
- Main plate is precision laser-cut from a very high-grade alloy steel. This new alloy has a yield strength of 100ksi, 2.8 times the 36ksi yield strength of mild steel, and 1.6 times the 63ksi of normalized 4130 alloy. This same alloy is used by Ford and other OEMs
Read the Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords installation article about the Mm6CC-10.
Better by design
- Maximum Motorsports invented the double-adjustable caster camber plate for Mustangs in 1993. That innovation pioneered the separate and independent adjustment of caster and camber for Mustangs.
Why do I need MM caster camber plates?
- Lowering your Mustang will cause the top of the front tires to "lean in" towards the center of the car (increased negative camber). That may cause uneven tire wear.
- Excessive negative camber can be easily corrected with the Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates. Even an S550 Mustang lowered as much as 2.5 inches can still have the negative camber reduced enough to prevent uneven tire wear.
- MM Caster Camber Plates provide the means to adjust the front alignment for improved performance. Increased negative camber provides more cornering grip.
- The ability to adjust camber allows the reduction of excessive negative camber caused by lowering. That will improve tire wear of a street-driven Mustang.
- Camber may be adjusted to a much more negative setting to increase front grip when cornering.
MM Caster Camber Plates provide a small range of adjustment for caster, which is otherwise not adjustable. While the S550 Mustang chassis was designed with a very suitable amount of positive caster for performance driving, it can benefit from fine-tuning the adjustment to reduce ill effects caused by production tolerances.
- Main plate is laser-cut from a newly-available very high-grade alloy steel, not mild steel. The increased strength of this high-strength steel greatly reduces the possibility of bending.
- MM-designed spherical bearing is custom made in the USA.
- Durable black powdercoat finish is standard.
Designed and manufactured in San Luis Obispo, California by Maximum Motorsports.
There are several hardware items that must be removed from your Mustang while installing the Mm6CC-10 Caster Camber Plates. Ford lists the following hardware as being one-time use. MM carries the OEM Ford hardware. Click the links to purchase.
|Spindle to strut mounting nut||4|
|Spindle to strut mounting bolt||4|
|Strut shaft retaining nut||2|
|Front swaybar end link nut||2|
|Caliper mounting bolt||4
Fitment: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018